India is one of the largest countries in the world. It is divided into states and union territories. As per the Constitution of India, in every 05 years, elections are conducted to appoint a worthy leader. The leaders are selected through the voting system. It is the responsibility of the citizens to choose an appropriate leader for the growth and development of the country. You must have a valid voter ID card/ Elector’s Photo ID card to cast a vote. The voter ID card shows that you are the citizen of India and have an age of more than 18 years, and your name also has been registered in the electoral rolls. If you are eligible to cast a vote and do not have a voter id card, then you can apply for the same by following the processes. You can simply fill the application for the Voter ID card by going through nvsp.in. The Voter ID Card Online Registration procedure has been provided by us on this page. So, you are suggested to check the details and fill and download the NVSP application form as per the rules and the regulations.
Voter ID Card Online Registration
02 recent passport size photograph
|Address Proof||Age Proof|
|Utility Bills||SSLC Certificate|
|Latest bank statement||Birth Certificate|
|PAN Card||Driving License|
|Passport copy||any other suitable document that specifies your age|
|Government-issued service card||–|
|Public sector bank passbook||–|
|Rental/ Lease Agreement or Property Document with deed and photograph||–|
|SC/ ST/ OBC official document||–|
|Railway Identity card||–|
|Student Identity Card||–|
|Document for Physical Handicap||–|
|Freedom fighter identity card||–|
|Pension Document etc.||–|
Steps For Voter ID Card Online Registration
- Open official portal
- Now you have to press the suitable link for the “Apply online for registration of a new voter.”
- Form 6 will appear at your screen.
- Now you have to choose your state and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- After that, you have to provide the essential details like Name, Age, DOB, proper Address, and the details of the members of your family who already have a Voter ID card.
- It may be noted that the filed marked as red is the mandatory one you have to fill the details.
- Now you will ask to upload the required documents that must assure to upload as per the requirements.
- After that, you have to fill your place and date of filling in the form.
- Finally, press the “Submit” button. It may be noted that you can also save the filled application form and submit it later.
Procedure After Voter ID Application Submission
- The Electoral Registration Officer will paste your voter ID application form at their notice board, inviting any objections. In any objection raised it must be made within a week. After a certain period, your name will be recorded to the electoral roll.
- In case anyone raises an objection, then the ERO will hold your process, and you and the other party have to present for the hearing regarding the same.
- Finally, the Electoral roll will be sent to you via SMS or by post.
- You can also view the Electoral roll on the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer’s.
Mistakes Which Require To Avoid While Registration Of Voter ID Online
- Must assure to fill the correct form that is-
|Form 6||It is to be filled by first-time voters|
|Form 7||For object an application for enclosure on the electoral roll|
|Form 8||For made correction in existing voter ID|
|Form 8-A||For changing address|
- Must assure that the documents uploaded at the time of filling the application form must be correct and free from errors.
- The details filled in the application form must be true and fair and does not have any error. Recheck the filled form and check that it must be free from errors.