The UAN or Universal Account Number is the 12-digit exclusive number which is issued by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation. The UAN number is basically issued to the employer contributing to EPF.
The Universal Account Number of the employee remains the same during his/her lifetime. When an employee gets the job in another company, his/her EPF A/C number will be changed, but the UAN will be the same as in a previous company. All the EPF accounts of an employee are linked with the UAN only. You can obtain UAN via online mode, and the UAN Activation Procedure has been provided on this page.
With the help of UAN you can, you can access your Provident Fund account easily and avail the services like withdrawal, balance inquiry, etc. The detailed guide of UAN EPFO Login and activation has been provided below.
- The process of tracking the EPF accounts of the employee has become easier and simpler after the UAN introduction.
- With the aid of UAN, members can easily transfer his PF from one account to another.
- With the aid of UAN, members can easily access the online services offered by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, India.
- Employees can also check the EPF passbook online.
UAN EPFO Generation Process
- Firstly, open the official portal of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, India
- You have to log in to the EPF Employer Portal with the help of the Establishment ID and password.
- Once you login to the account, thereafter, you have to hit the “Register Individual” link visible under the “Member” section.
- After that, you will ask to provide the essential details such as details of bank account, PAN number, Aadhar number, etc.
- Now go to the “Approval” section and approve the details.
- Lastly, the UAN Generation Process has been completed. The Universal Account Number will be generated, and the employer can easily link their PF account with employee UAN.
How To Check UAN?
- log in to Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Member Portal
- After that, you have to choose the Member ID, PAN, or Aadhaar.
- Now you have to give the essential details such as email address, DOB, name, and mobile number.
- Thereafter just hit the “Get Authorization Pin” option, and the Pin will be sent at your provided mobile number.
- At last, you have to enter the Pin, and the Universal Account Number will be via SMS at your mobile number.
Documents Required for UAN Activation
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Aadhaar card
- Details of your bank account and IFSC code of the same
UAN Activation Procedure- Detailed Guide
- First of all, open the official portal from here only.
- After going to the home page, go to the right side of the page towards the “Important Links” section.
- Now you will see the various links there, and you are required to hit on the “Activate UAN” link.
- After that, another page will be opened where you will ask to enter some details.
- Enter UAN, Aadhar number, PAN, DOB, email ID, etc. after that, and you have to press the “Get Authorization PIN” button shown in the above image.
- Now the Authorization PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the PIN in the required filed.
- Thereafter you have to “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button given there; the process has been shown in the below-stated image.
- Finally, the UAN Activation Procedure has been completed and your UAN will be activated.
Note: The password for the Universal Account Number account will be sent to your mobile number which you have provided at the time of registration.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.