Are you planning to open the bank account in SBI? If yes, there in this article you will get the detailed information related to the same. State Bank of India is the one of the finest banks, there are total 41 crore savings bank accounts and out of that 2.10 crore saving account has been opened in this current financial year. In order to open an account, you are required to fill an SBI Savings Account Opening Form, the process to fill the form has been provided below.
The complete details related to the SBI saving account Interest Rate, Minimum Balance, Charges, Documents and all the other details related to it has been well provided below. You are advised to scroll down the page and have a glance.
Eligibility To Fill SBI Savings Account Opening Form
- He/she must be an Indian resident
- Person must be more than 18 years.
- Must have all the required KYC documents.
- In the case of minors account opening, legal guardian or the child parents can open the account on his/her behalf.
Documents Required To Attach With SBI Savings Account Opening Form
- Identity Proof- Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Address Proof- Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- Passport Size Photographs (TWO)
Minimum Balance For SBI Savings Account
|In metro cities||Rs 3,000/-|
|In Semi urban areas||Rs 2,000/-|
|In Rural areas||Rs 1,000/-|
Interest Rate Of SBI Savings Account
|Savings Bank deposit slabs||Existing Rate of Interest||Revised Rate of Interest w.e.f. 31.05.2020|
|SBI Deposit accounts with balances up to INR 1 lakh||2.75 percent per annum||2.70 percent per annum|
|SBI Deposit accounts with balances above INR 1 lakh||2.75 percent per annum for balance up to INR 1 lakh|
2.75 percent per annum for balance above INR 1 lakh.
|2.70 percent per annum for balance up to INR 1 lakh|
2.70 percent p.a. for balance above INR 1 lakh
SBI Savings Account Opening- Online
- Open the official website of the State Bank Of India
- Now go to the top menu bar and select the “Apply for SBI/Current account” section.
- After that drop down list will appear from where you have to select “Saving bank account”.
- Now you have to select the “for resident individuals” option and after that “Saving bank account” option.
- Thereafter you have to login to the portal and fill the SBI Savings Account Opening Form as per the rules and regulations.
- Upload the required documents for the account opening.
- Finally submit the application.
- Bank will verify the same and get in touch with you.
SBI Savings Account Opening- Offline
- Firstly, go to the SBI branch near to your location.
- Now meet the executive and tell them that you want to open the saving account.
- After that the bank executive will give you the SBI Savings Account Opening Form.
- You have to fill the form carefully and have to enter all the essential details required in the form.
- After filling the SBI Savings Account Opening Form must ensure that the filled details by you must be correct and error free.
- Now you have to attach all the required documents with the application form only.
- After the verification process your account will be opened.
- Finally, Bank will send the ATM card, passbook and the cheque book at your address.
|E Mudra SBI Loan|
|SBI Doorstep Banking|
|Demat Account Charges|
|SBI Bank Holidays 2021|
|Senior Citizen FD Rates|
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.