When we talk about the banking, the most trustable government bank comes in mind is State Bank of India (SBI). The SBI is having 22,141 bank branches and approx. 58,555 ATMs worldwide with manpower of 249,448. The bank offers various services and SBI Current Account is one of them. The bank provides the current account services to both individuals as well as businesses. Any eligible individuals can open a current account by filling the SBI Current Account Opening Form.
Also Check- SBI Account Closing Application Format
If you also want to open the current account in SBI then you can check all the details in this article. All the complete information such as minimum balance, documents require, charges, and all the other details related to the SBI Current Account Opening Form has been well explained in this article. You can fill the form via offline as well as online mode. Offline procedure will not be initiated during SBI Bank Holidays 2021 .You can have a look below and grab all the details. Moreover, you can also call on the SBI Credit Card Customer Care Number for further details.
|SBI Savings Account Opening Form|
|SBI Debit, Credit Card Tracking Online|
|SBI Business Loan|
|SBI Complaint- Online Process|
SBI Current Account Opening Form
SBI Current Account- Features
Before filling the SBI Current Account Opening Form check out the features of the account here-
- Internet Banking Facility with the accident insurance benefits.
- You have to maintain the minimum balance as per the guidelines.
- Overdraft facility is also available.
- Bank also offer the free ATM services for the very first year but it can charge some fee for the subsequent years.
- You don’t need to pay an interest on the deposits
- Customer also have the option to transfer your current account from one branch to another.
- Customer can get the statements via online as well as offline.
- Nomination facility is also available.
- Check book and other transaction welcome kit will be provided by the bank.
- KYC documents required.
- Bank will not pay any interest on the SBI current account.
Documents Required To Fill SBI Current Account Opening Form
- Passport Size Photograph
- KYC documents as per the type of application
- Aadhar Card
- Valid Passport
- Utility bill
- Property tax bill
Minimum Balance For SBI Current Account Opening
|For Non-Individuals||Urban and Semi-Urban Areas||INR 10,0000|
|For Non-Individuals||Rural Area||INR 5,000|
|For Individuals||Urban and Semi-Urban Areas||INR 5,000|
|For Individuals||Rural Area||INR 2,500|
In case anyone fails to maintain the minimum balance then in that case you have to pay the penalty for the same to the bank. The penalty will be charged as based on the existing minimum balance in each quarter.
Procedure To Fill SBI Current Account Opening Form
- Open the official website
- Now go to the “Start Now” option.
- After that fill the SBI Current Account Opening Form by providing all the required details.
- After filling the form completely, the Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent to the number you have provided for registration.
- Finally, press on the “print account opening form” and print your filled application form by using ARN.
- At last, visit the bank branch near your location with the print out of filled SBI Current Account Opening form and required document.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.