Are you the one who want to close their bank account in SBI? If yes, then this article will surely be beneficial for you. The procedure for the account closing is quite simple, you just require to submit an application form along with required formalities. The SBI Account Closing Application Format has been provided below by the team of Mudrabhandar.com. Along with the format we have also stated the complete procedure to close the SBI account.
Also Check- SBI Business Loan
Also Check- SBI Gyanodaya E Learning
While writing the application must assure to provide the proper details such as complete name, account number, bank branch, complete reason for which you want to close your account, official signature of the bank holder, SBI Block ATM, and others. So, scroll the page and check SBI Me Account Kaise Band Kare. Also check the SBI account closing application format and procedure here. If you find any issue while closing the banks account, then in that case you can file a SBI Complaint for the same.
SBI Account Closing Application Format
Also Check- SBI Internet Banking Registration
Points To Be Noted Before Submitting The SBI Account Closing Application
- Firstly, make sure to deactivate the Automated Payment linked with your SBI bank account which you want to close.
- Pay all the charges and all other dues with the bank.
- Take a complete bank statement of that account.
- Withdraw all the cash from your bank account and make sure to do it zero.
Also check- SBI Bank Holidays 2021
Also Check- SBI PoS
Charges For SBI Account Closing
If you want to close your bank account within fourteen (14) days of opening the bank account then in that case you don’t require to pay any fees for it.
And on the other hand of you desire to close your SBI account between 14 days to 1 year on the opening of the bank account then in that case you have to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- plus GST.
|Within fourteen (14) Days of Opening Account||Rs. 0/-|
|After fourteen (14) Days up to one (1) Year||Rs. 500/- plus GST|
|Savings Account closing||Rs. 0/-|
Procedure to close the SBI account- SBI Account Closing Application Format
- Go to the SBI branch in which you have an account.
- Now meet with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The executive will give you the SBI Account Closure form, you have to fill the same by providing the complete details. such as complete name, account number, bank branch, signature, complete reason for which you want to close your account, official signature of the bank holder, and others.
- Now you have to withdraw the remaining balance of your account, you can withdraw the same by Cash, Cheque, DD, or you can also transfer the same to some other accounts. You are required to mention your desire option in the form.
- Submit the application form with the required documents and return the cheque book, passbook, debit card, credit card and all other documents of the bank.
- Finally, you will ask to submit the official ID proof and signature.
- At last, your account will be closed and bank will charge the prescribed fee for the same.