Since the Modi government has come in power, the various schemes for the benefit of individuals have been released. One of the well-known schemes, “Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana” had been announced by the central government in the year 2016. Through this scheme, the government provides the LPG gas cylinders to the women belongs to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) households. This scheme aims to provide a healthy and easy life for the women of the backward section.
Through प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना the government will provide five crore connections of Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG). To apply for the said scheme, you have to submit the application form to the nearest LPG outlet. The application form is available at pmuy.gov.in. For your convenience, the direct link to download the form and other eligibility norms have been provided below. Please have a look.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana- Eligibility
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Applying aspirants must be a woman.
- The age of the applicants must be at least 18 years.
- Individuals should fall under the BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- Individuals should not have an LPG connection in their own name.
- The income of the family must not be exceeded as decided by the government.
- The applicant name should be mentioned in the SECC-2011 data list and.
- Applying applicants must not be taking advantage of other related schemes offered by the government.
The primary of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme is to the clean fuel to women who belong to the below poverty line. With this scheme, the government aims to provide approx. Five crore connections of Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG). Some of the major objectives of the schemes are-
- To protect and safeguard women’s health.
- Decrease health problems which cause by using fossil fuels and related fuels for cooking.
- Reducing death and sickness happen due to the use of unclean cooking fuels.
- To reduce breathing problems develops due to indoor pollution occurs due to using bad fuels for cooking.
- To reduce the squalor of purity of environment that is conceded by extensive usage of bad cooking fuel.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana- Documents Required
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration card
- Valid Identity Proof
- Recently taken passport size photograph
- Valid Driving License
- Any utility bills
- Lease Agreement
- Passport copy
- Ration Card with name and photograph
- Copy of the statement of bank
- An authorized BPL Certificate by Municipality Chairman or Panchayat Pradhan
- Self-declaration which has been attested by a government Officer
- Documents related to the house registry
Procedure To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- First of all, individuals who want to apply require to download the application form for the PMUY scheme. You can download the application form easily by pressing the below provided direct link.
- After downloading the PMUY application form from the official portal, you require to fill it by providing the required details such as Age, Name, Bank Account Details, Aadhaar Card number, and others.
- Now you are required to attach the photocopy of all the required documents with the filled application form.
- After filling the application form and attaching documents, you have to submit the same to the closest LPG outlet.
- That’s all for the procedure, of you have any question then you can ask the same by commenting in below provided comment box.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme Launch Date- State-wise
|State Name||Launch Date|
Total Number Of Connection Distributed By The Government As On 09 May 2018 (State Wise)
|State||PMUY- No. of Connections Registered & Distributed|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||3,480|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||11,665|
|Daman and Diu||268|
|Jammu and Kashmir||4,42,298|
Helpline Number- PMUY
You can call at 1906. It is a toll-free helpline number that is available 24×7 for LPG leakage and related complaints.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.