Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is one of the outstanding and advanced schemes of the central government. The scheme was announced on 28 August 2014 by our honorable prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi. This scheme aims to improve social security in the country and connect every individual with the banking system. Through the PMJDY scheme government intends to open a savings account to each family in the urban as well as semi-urban areas. The scheme also covers life and accidental insurance, which helps the crores of Indians.
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana has the feature of zero balance account, with this rural population of the country maintain their account easily. Any eligible Indian citizen can apply for the PMJDY bank account. To open an account, you have to submit the application form. Application form is available at pmjdy.gov.in. The online account opening – registration form process and other Eligibility terms have been well provided below. You are suggested to have a look.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana
PM Jan Dhan Yojana- Eligibility
- Individuals who want to open a pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan yojana account must be a citizen of India.
- Individuals must have documents for proof of age, income, address, and caste.
- Minors having age above the age of 10 years can open his/her account under the PMJDY scheme.
PMJDY- Rate Of Interest
The individuals having PM Jan Dhan Yojana account will get an interest of 4%.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme- Benefit
- The bank holder will get an interest on his/her deposit.
- The account will be opened under the zero-balance scheme, that is the bank holder does not require to maintain a minimum balance.
- Cheque and the online banking facilities will also provide under the PMJDY scheme.
- The overdraft facility will also provide to the individuals after the 06 months.
- The Accidental Insurance of Rs.1 lakh also covered under the scheme.
- If anyone opened the account between 20 August 2014 and 31 January 2015, then he/she is eligible for the life cover of Rs.30,000, such amount will be provided to the beneficiary.
- Direct Benefit Transfer option will be provided to the personals are beneficiaries of government schemes.
- The overdraft facility of rupees five thousand will also be offered only to the one account in the household. Such a facility is commonly provided to the women in the house.
- A mobile banking facility will also be provided.
- Aadhar card
- Voter Identity card
- Driving license
- Recent passport size photograph
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card
- NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) job card and it should be signed by the state government officials
- Any official id card issued by the state or the central government
- And, any other required documents by the bank.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana- Registration Process
- Open the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) that is www.pmjdy.gov.in
- Now go the “e-DOCUMENTS” section visible on the left side of the home page.
- After that, you have to press the “Account Opening Form -Hindi” “Account Opening Form -English” link to download the form.
- The PMJDY application form will have appeared, and you are suggested to take a print out the same.
- Now you have to fill the complete application form. You have to enter the details of the bank and the details of the district and other required information.
- After that, you are required to enter your personal details such as name, Aadhar number, income details, address, existing account, if any. Must assure you to provide only correct and accurate information.
- Finally, you have to provide the details of the nomination.
- At last, submit the PMJDY application form to the nearest bank branch.
List Of Banks Offered PM Jan Dhan Yojana
|Private Sector Banks||Public Sector Banks|
|Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd.||Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)|
|YES Bank Ltd.||Union Bank of India|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.||Allahabad Bank|
|Karnataka Bank Ltd.||Dena Bank|
|IndusInd Bank Ltd.||Syndicate Bank|
|Federal Bank Ltd.||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||Vijaya Bank|
|Axis Bank Ltd.||Central Bank of India|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||Punjab National Bank (PNB)|
|–||Bank of India (BoI)|
|–||Bank of Maharashtra|
|–||Bank of Baroda (BoB)|
|–||State Bank of India (SBI)|
Toll Free Numbers
- 1800 11 0001
- 1800 180 1111