The Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has announced the PM Fasal Bima Yojana. Many of the time it has been seen that the farmers attempt suicide due to destroyed of crop. To overcome this problem and to protect the life of farmers safeguard the continuance in farming the central government has launch this प्रधानमंत्री फसल बीमा स्कीम.
Through this scheme the government offers insurance protection and monetary support to the farmers of India in the case of their crop destroyed due to the natural calamities, pests & diseases. Farmers require to pay a premium of 2% and 1.5% for Kharif and Rabi crops respectively. For annual commercial and horticultural crops, the farmers require to pay a premium of 5%. Those who want to apply for the प्रधानमंत्री फसल बीमा स्कीम can apply easily by doing an online registration at pmfby.gov.in. The complete registration procedure and all the essential details of the scheme has been provided below.
PM Fasal Bima Yojana
|Scheme Name||PM Fasal Bima Yojana|
|Managed And Regulated By||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Departement|
|Relief fund||Insurance up to ₹ 200000|
|Scheme Type||Prime Minister Scheme|
PM Fasal Bima Yojana- Eligibility
- All the farmers of India are eligible for प्रधानमंत्री फसल बीमा स्कीम.
- Those farmers who don’t have apply for the insurance scheme earlier can apply for this scheme as per the rules.
- Farmers are eligible to ensure the farming done on his/her land and also, he/she can insure the farmland occupied on the borrowed land.
PM Fasal Bima Yojana- Benefits
- Through this scheme the farmers of India will get the insurance in case of the losses in their crops.
- In case the farmer’s crop destroyed due to natural disaster the government will provide the benefit to the farmers under the PM Fasal Bima Yojana scheme.
- Under the scheme the farmers will get 1.5% for Kharif crop, 2% of Ravi’s crop. The farmers will get the help from the government in case of any loss in the crop due to natural damage like dry flood hail.
Documents Required For प्रधानमंत्री फसल बीमा स्कीम
- Farmer’s Identity proof Card
- Valid Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Bank account details
- Address proof of farmer’s (driving license, passport, voter ID card)
- Contract agreement of the farm if it is on rent.
- Farm Account Number / Khasra Number Paper
- The date of the day the farmer started planting the crop
PM Fasal Bima Yojana- Online Registration
- Open the official portal pmfby.gov.in for the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme.
- Now you have to go towards the “farmer corner” and have to press the “apply for crop insurance by yourself” link.
- After that you require to press registration link and have to create an account.
- For the registration you have to provide all the essential information correctly.
- Thereafter you have to press the submit button.
- After the successful creating the account you are require to “login” to your account and have to fill the application form as per the guidelines.
- After providing all the details you have to press the submit button.
- This is the procedure to apply for the PM Fasal Bima Yojana, you are suggested follow the steps and apply accordingly.
PMFBY Scheme 2020- Crops & Premium
|crop||Percentage of insurance payable by the farmer|
|Annual Commercial and Horticultural Crops||5%|
Comparison Of PMFBY Scheme With Previous Schemes
|Feature||NAIS ||MNAIS ||PM Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Premium Rate||Low||High||Lower than even NAIS (Govt to contribute 5 times that of farmer)|
|One Season – One Premium||Yes||No||Yes|
|Insurance Amount cover||Full||Capped||Full|
|On Account Payment||No||Yes||Yes|
|Localised Risk coverage||No||Hail storm, Land slide||Hail storm, Land slide, Inundation|
|Post-Harvest Losses coverage||No||Coastal areas – for cyclonic rain||All India – for cyclonic + unseasonal rain|
|Prevented Sowing coverage||No||Yes||Yes|
|Use of Technology (for quicker settlement of claims)||No||Intended||Mandatory|
|Awareness||No||No||Yes (target to double coverage to 50%)|
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.