As we all know that PAN, i.e., Permanent Account Number is one of the important documents for the Indian individuals as it is used for paying tax and also used identity proof. An individual can apply for a PAN card only for 01 time during his/her lifetime. There are many examples when individuals intend to update the information of the PAN card or desire to correct the details in case of wrong details.
It is to be informed that PAN Correction/ PAN Update is possible via online mode only. You just have to follow the guidelines provided by the Income Tax Department. If you have any mistake in your PAN card like name, Date of birth, name of the father, Address, Mobile Number, etc. then you can simply request to correct or update the same. The PAN Correction/Update procedure is very simple, and the complete process has been available at this page, please have a glance.
Documents Require For PAN Correction Update
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Valid Passport which should not be expired
- Driving License must be valid
- Certificate of Domicile
- Matriculation certificate
- Husband’s passport if PAN card surname has been changed after marriage (Marriage certificate)
Fees For PAN Correction/Update
|If person communication address is in the India||Rs 110/-|
|If person communication address is outside the India||Rs 1,020/-|
Steps For PAN Correction/ PAN Update- Online
- Firstly, open the official website
- After pressing the above link, you will get another page, as stated below.
- After that you are required to go towards the “Application Type” section, now the drop-down list will appear and have to select “Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card”.
- Now on the next page, you will ask to enter the essentials details like name, Mobile Number, DOB, Email address, Date of Birth / Incorporation / Formation, etc.
- Thereafter you have to accept the terms and conditions stated by the officials.
- Finally, you have to hit on the “Submit” button.
- Thereafter you have to hit on the “Continue with PAN Application Form” link as shown in the above image.
- After pressing the above link, you will get the new page, as shown below.
- Now press the “e-KYC & e-Sign (Paperless)”
- After that you require to upload the scanned images through e-Sign on NSDL e-gov or C-DAC (e-sign charges are Rs 5.90 in both cases).
- After that, you have choose the procedure to submit the required documents.
- Thereafter you have to provide all the necessary details.
- Now more forward towards the correction section.
- Thereafter you will get the 03 options that are Photo Mismatch, Signature Mismatch, and Details of parents.
- Now you are required to hit on the suitable option which you want to change or correct after selection hit at the next button.
- Thereafter you will be transferred to another page that is of the “Address and Contact’” page. It may be noted that your Aadhar is linked with PAN then all the details related to that will be auto-filled.
- Now you can provide the new address if you want to change, it may be noted that the new address will only be accepted with the valid address proof.
- After completing the above step, hit the “Next” button.
- Thereafter another page will appear where you have to enter the details of identity proof, address proof, and DOB proof.
- You have to provide PAN or PAN allotment letter.
- Now you have to sign the declaration and also have to mention the number of documents enclosed as proof.
- After doing the above step, press the “Submit” button.
- Review the form and upload the required documents.
- At last, hit the “Submit” button to submit the form.
- After completing the above step, you have to move forward towards the paying fee section. It may be noted if the stated address in the form is within India, then you have to pay the fee of Rs. 110/- and if you have an address outside India, and then you are required to pay a fee of Rs 1020.
- Finally, make the payment and acknowledgment slip will appear, take a hard copy of the acknowledgment slip.
- Finally, attach the photocopy of the proof of documents with the print out of the acknowledgment slip and finally send it to the NSDL e-gov office. It may be noted that you also have to paste a recent passport size photograph and have to sign across it.
- At last, you have to send the said documents at the below-stated address.
NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016′
PAN Correction/ PAN Update- Offline
- The other option to apply for the PAN Correction is via offline mode. In order to apply via offline mode, you have to obtain the correction form, and you can download the correction form from the official website.
- After obtaining the form, you have to fill it as per the rules stated in it, after filling it go through it and ensure that all the details must be correct.
- Now the next step is to submit the form, and you can easily submit the same by going to the nearest NSDL collection centre. It must be noted that the application form has to be submitted along with the required documents.