The Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit card which is used to pay the Income-tax. Do you know? That you can check the PAN Card Status and can-do PAN Verification via online mode only. You can do the same by visiting through the official website of the NSDL and UTI. The verification process and checking the PAN status is very easy; the complete process for the same has been well provided on this page. When you Apply For The PAN Card you will get the 15 digits acknowledge number, and such number is used while checking the PAN Card Status Online; moreover, you also require to provide other essential details like DOB, name, etc.
You can check the PAN Verification Process and check the status of the PAN card via online mode. The complete procedure has been provided below. Let’s have a look.
PAN Verification Process
You can verify the PAN by three methods that are-
- File-Based PAN Card Verification
- Screen-Based PAN Card Verification
- Software (API)-Based PAN Card Verification
File-Based PAN Card Verification
- This type of verification is performed by the official government departments and various other corporations/organizations that desire to verify many (up to 1,000) PAN cards at a single time.
- First of all, users require to visit the official portal of the NSDL.
- Now have to upload the PAN card up to 1,000 after the uploading process hit the ‘submit’ button visible there.
- After the submission of PAN card details, the user will get the details of verification.
- If the rules and the other guidelines will not be followed, then the request will be rejected.
Screen-Based PAN Card Verification
- With this process, 05 PAN card can be verified at a time.
- Open the portal.
- Enter the details of the Pan card, which you intend to verify.
- After entering the information, hit the “Submit” button visible there.
- Finally, the details will open, and you can verify the same.
Software (API)-Based PAN Card Verification
- Open income tax e-filing website or NSDL portal
- After that, enter the basic information such as DOB, PAN number, and name.
- After that select the category/type that are HUF, individual, company.
- After that enter the captcha code
- At last, hit on the “Submit” button visible there.
- Finally, your PAN card verification will appear.
PAN Card Status- Process
Check PAN Card Status Online- NSDL
- Open the official website of the National Securities Depository Limited that is https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html, for your better understanding, and we have shown it in the below image.
- Now you will get the page as we have stated here.
- Now you are required to enter the select the application type and choose the “PAN-New Change Request” option.
- After that, on the next step, you have to provide an “acknowledge number,” which will be 15 digits.
- Thereafter enter the captcha code and press the “Submit” button.
- Your PAN status will be opened on your screen, and now you can check PAN Card Status.
Check PAN Card Status Online- UTI
- Firstly, visit the official website of UTI that is www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/
- Now you will get the below-stated page on your screen.
- After that, you have to fill the application coupon number and permanent account number in the given box.
- After entering the said information, hit the “Submit” button.
- Finally, PAN Card Status. Will appear, and you can check it.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.