To make the transactions transparent and simple, The Income Tax Department has circulated the order to compulsory link Permanent Account Number (PAN) card with a bank account. You will not be able to make big transactions if your PAN does not link with your bank account. If you have not submitted your PAN with a bank, then you can submit the same easily via online and offline mode as per your suitability. Generally, there are three major ways with the help of which you can easily Link PAN Card with Bank Account. Thar are Through Internet Banking, Phone Hotline, and Offline Mode (at Branch). The detailed procedure of all three ways has been provided below. You are suggested to go through it and link your PAN with your bank account accordingly.
What is PAN– The full form of PAN is Permanent Account Number; basically, it is a unique 12 digits number which is issued by the IT department to the taxpayer in India.
Steps To Link PAN Card with Bank Account via Internet Banking
- The very first step is to visit the official portal of your bank and login to the internet banking account by entering the login credentials.
- Once you login to your internet banking accounts successfully, you have to take your cursor towards the “menu” bar.
- Now you are required to search for the Services, Service Requests, or PAN Registration option.
- After searching the same, you have to hit on the suitable link for the same.
- Now hit on the appropriate option for Link PAN Card with Bank Account.
- Thereafter another page will appear on your screen where you have to enter the PAN Card number.
- It may be noted that you will also be requested to enter the additional details such as date of birth (DOB), PAN Card, and your registered email address and mobile number.
- Once you enter all the details, your request will be submitted, and your PAN card will be linked to your bank account within 02 to 07 days.
Note: It must be noted that every bank has its own portal, and every bank has a different procedure. The provided steps have is general in nature and not specific to any bank.
Steps To Link PAN Card with Bank Account via Phone
- At the first step, you have to search for the customer care number of your bank and have to make a call on the same.
- Now the call will be connected to the computer-based system of the bank; you have to press the suitable option during the call to talk with customer care.
- Thereafter your call will be connected with the executive of the bank.
- After that, you have to tell the executive that you want to link your pan with your account.
- The executive will ask you to provide the pan details; you have to answer all the details carefully.
- After the complete verification process, your request will be processed.
- After completing the provided steps, you will get a request number and confirmation SMS regarding the same.
Steps To Link PAN Card with Bank Account via Offline Mode
- Visit to your bank and meet with the executive there.
- After that, you have to tell the person that your PAN card has not been linked to your account, and you want to link the same.
- Now executive will give you the form you have to fill the same and require to attach the copy of the PAN card and other required documents with it.
- Must assure that the details filled in the application form are correct.
- At last, you have to submit the form, and you will get the confirmation SMS by the bank after once yours
- Finally, give the form to the bank official, at last you will recive the the confirmation SMS concerning the update of PAN with your account Link PAN Card with Bank Account.