Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana is the government campaign starts to provide the affordable pukka house to all. Earlier, the scheme was famous as Indira Housing Scheme (IA scheme), but in the year 2016, the scheme was renamed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin/Rural). The scheme is available in all over India but not in Delhi and Chandigarh. We have tried to cover all the significant features of IAY yojana on this page.
For your knowledge, the complete eligibility terms, benefits, features, and all small information related to it have been available on this page. Moreover, you can apply for the Indira Housing Scheme via online mode. The complete applying process for the same has been provided here. Let’s have a glance. You can also check the IAY List.
We, the team of mudrabhandar.com try to cover all the famous schemes for your benefit you can also check these schemes also Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana, PM Karma Yogi Mandhan Yojana, PMVVY- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana , Atal Pension Yojana (APY) Scheme, PM Mudra , Stree Swabhiman , Pradhan Mantri Rozgar , PM Beti Bachao Beti Padhao , One Family One Job eme, and many other schemes you can check the List of All PM Schemes in India.
Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana
Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana- Features
- Those families who are currently having a kutcha house will be allotted a new pukka house, and such a house includes the basic facility of the kitchen and the electricity. And the carpet area of the house will be a minimum 25 sq. m.
- Earlier, the Indira Housing Scheme has a low unit cost. The unit cost has been increased to one lakh and twenty thousand (1.20 lakh) for plain areas and rupees one lakh and thirty thousand (1.30) for hilly areas and Integrated Action Plan Districts.
- Central as well as state governments will be sharing the monetary help for the scheme in the ratio of 60:40. At the same time, monetary assistance in the 90:10 ration will be shared for the hilly and difficult areas. Moreover, the construction work in Union Territories, UT of Ladakh, will be monitored and managed completely by the Central Government.
- A skilled worker for the project has been appointed by the government so that the quality of material and the work will be analyzed properly. The government will use Socio-Economy and Caste Census to selecting the deserving candidates. The Socio-Economy and Caste Census data will be used to make the beneficiary list.
- The technical support will also be provided to the project to monitor and supervise the work process and for the help assistance.
- The financial assisitance will be sent directly to the bank account of the beneficiary. It may be noted that such a bank account will be opened for the scheme, and the Aadhar card should be linked with it.
- The government will give the assistance to the beneficiaries, and the stage must be completed within 09 months of receiving the money, and another 09 months will be given to the beneficiaries to complete the work of stage 2 as well.
Benefit Of IAY Scheme
- Both husband and wife can enjoy the possession of the houses built under the Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana. It may be noted that the women and disabled members’ ownership completely as per the state government.
- The house allotted by the government will be built by concerning all the safety measures in mind, and such a house will be eco-friendly, maintainable, and having all the basic necessities.
- Instead of BPL list the SECS data will be used to make the beneficiary list.
- The complete technical and the other support will be provided at the national level so that all the work and other operations for the Indira Housing Scheme will be completed in a transparent manner
Pradhan Mantri Indira Awas Yojana – Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to check the complete eligibility terms before applying for the Pradhan Mantri IAY Yojana. Here below, we have provided the target groups which are eligible to apply for the IAY scheme.
- Personals belonging to Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) category
- Minorities category
- Non-SC/ST BPL cardholders
- Widows having proof of the same
- ex-servicemen and Ex-defence personal
- Applying individuals should not have a pucca house.
- Individuals having a kutcha house must have a maximum of two rooms with kutcha walls and roofs.
- The Individuals must belong to the Lower Income Group, Economically Weaker Section, or BPL category.
- The income of the family should not be more than 06 lakhs per annum.
Indira Housing Scheme- Applying Process
- Open the official website https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/newwebsite/home.aspx
- After going to the home page, you are required to search for the appropriate option to fill the application form.
- Now, you have to enter your Aadhar card number
- After that, the application form will appear; you have to fill the application form by entering all the officials’ information.
- Finally, you have to check the form details and have to submit the application form.
- At last, you will get the registration number and keep a copy of the submitted IAY application form with you.
- Moreover, you can check the IAY list by following the above-provided steps.
Important Contact Information For IAY Scheme (Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana)
|Toll-free number||1800-11-6446, 1800-11-8111|
|Mail id (for complaint or suggestion)||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beneficiary Registration Guide||https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/Document/PMAYG-Registratio-Manual.pdf|
|Contact person details (State Wise)||https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/ContactFilled.aspx|