A PAN is a unique number which is allotted by the income tax department to every taxpayer. A person can apply/have only one pan number throughout his lifetime. Many of our visitors have requested us for the process of Surrender Pan Card. Today we will share the details related to the same. If you have any duplicate PAN card or you want to Surrender your Pan card due to any other reason than in that case you can Check Pan Card surrender Process Here (Online/Offline).
The step to surrender PAN is easy and you just have to follow the below-stated steps. The process to Surrender Pan Card via online, offline, individual, Firm/Partnership Firm/Company has been provided below. Have a look.
How To Surrender Pan Card? – Check Process (Online Mode)
- Open the official portal https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Now go to the “Application Type” section select the “Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data)” from the drop-down list.
- After that, you will ask to fill the form, fill the same by providing the required information.
- Thereafter hit on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the form, assure to note down the token number.
- Now, hit the “Continue with PAN Application Form” option to continue the process.
- Form another page, select the option of “Submit scanned images through e-Sign”.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Now, move to the left bottom segment of the page and enter the PAN number you desire to retain.
- Now enter further information like personal details, contact details etc.
- Now you have to enter the PANs details you desire to surrender.
- Hit the ‘Next ‘button.
- Now, select the identity proof you desire to submit.
- upload required documents photocopy.
- Sign the acknowledgment receipt.
- Now, take a preview of the submitted application form.
- After that, edits the details, if required.
- Finally, move towards the payment section.
- Make the payment.
- You can pay through demand draft, credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- After the successful payment, you will get the acknowledgment.
- Download the acknowledgment for future use.
- At last, you have to send the copy of the printed acknowledgment and two recent password size photographs to the NSDL e-Gov.
- The envelope must contain the ‘Application for PAN cancellation’ and the acknowledgment number.
NSDL e-Gov at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411 016.
How To Surrender Pan Card? Check Process (Offline Mode)
- Download the form from here- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/download/PAN-CR-Form_NSDL%20e-Gov_01.06.16.pdf
- Fill the form according to rules and the regulations.
- Now you have to go to the nearest NSDL collection center and have to submit filled PAN form and required documents.
- You will get the acknowledgment slip after the submission of the form.
- You have to send acknowledgment slip to the NSDL office within 15 days of submitting the request.
- It may be noted that you also have to attach a file a letter with the Assessing Officer listing the duplicate PAN details and requesting for cancellation of the same.
- You can also visit the Income Tax Assessing office and submit a letter there having the duplicate PAN details and requesting for cancellation of the same.
- Finally, you can send the letter by post or hand over to the nearest tax office.
How To Surrender Pan Card Online? Check Process (Firm/Partnership Firm/Company)
- Open https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Fill the form as per the rules.
- Now provide the PAN number which you want to surrender.
- Recheck the filled application form and move forward for the payment section.
- You can pay the form via credit/debit card or net banking.
- Submit the form and print an acknowledgment receipt.
- Enclose a copy of PAN card, and you desire to surrender, acknowledgment receipt, dissolution deed, and a covering letter.
- At last, send the envelope and the required documents to “NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit.”
- Finally, you will get the notification once the request is processed.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.