If you are the one whose debit card has been stolen or lost, then you are recommended to block the same as soon as possible to avoid unwanted or fraudulent transactions. If you have an account in SBI then you can block the SBI Debit Card instantly. Now the question arises on how to block SBI Debit Card? So, you can simply block SBI ATM card via call, SMS, mobile banking, or Block Through Net Banking. The complete process to block the ATM via online and offline mode have been well provided on this page you are suggested to have a look and SBI Block ATM if required. Credit Card Emergency Helpline has also been provided below.
Also Check- SBI Business Loan
How to block SBI Debit Card?
You can block your State Bank of India debit card by following methods-
- Through net banking
- Through mobile banking
- Through phone call
- Through SMS
Also Check-SBI Doorstep Banking
Let’s Discuss all the methods in detail-
Steps to Block SBI Debit Card through Net Banking:
- Open www.onlinesbi.com that is official portal of the state bank of India.
- After going to the portal, you have to log in for your SBI internet banking by providing your username and password. For the better understanding, we have provided the images too.
- After login to your internet banking account, you are required to hit the ‘ATM Card Services Option’ shown in the ‘e-Services’ tab.
- Now option to ‘Block ATM Card’ will appear, press the same option as shown in the below image.
- Now the last four numbers of all your debit cards will be shown on the screen, and you are suggested to select the appropriate debit card which you want to block.
- After selecting the card, you are required to choose an option to block an ATM “Lost,” “stolen.”
- Thereafter choosing the appropriate option, you have to press the “Submit” button.
- After that, you have choose the mode to confirm the request; you have two options that are OTP or Profile Password.
- After selecting the appropriate method, you are required to provide your profile password or the One Time Password (OTP), which you have to choose in the option.
- After doing the above step, press the confirm button.
- At last, you will get the message from the bank, and the SMS contains the ticket number. You are recommended to note down the ticket number and keep it safe with you.
Also Check- SBI Internet Banking Registration
Steps to Block SBI Debit Card By Mobile Banking:
- Open the ‘SBI Mobile Banking’ application.
- Now go to the Services section as shown in below-provided image.
- Now select the ‘Debit Card Hot listing’ option. We have shown in the given image.
- After that, you are required to choose the suitable debit account option which you want to block.
- After that, you have to select the appropriate option for blocking the debit card. You can choose any of the two options that are ‘Lost’ and ’Stolen.’
- Thereafter you will recieve the OTP on your mobile number registered with your account, enter the OTP.
- After the OPT confirmation, your ATM will be get blocked, and you will get the SMS related to the same.
Also Check-E Mudra SBI Loan
Steps to Block SBI Debit Card Through Phone Call
- Just make a call on toll-free number 18004253800 or 1800112211
- Now the various option will be given to you, and you are required to select a suitable option to talk with the customer executive.
- After connecting the call, you have to tell the executive that you want to block your ATM card.
- Now the executive will ask some questions from you, and you have to answer all the questions.
- After the verification process, your SBI ATM will be blocked.
- Finally, you will get the conformation related to the same.
Also Check-SBI Doorstep Banking
Steps to Block SBI Debit Card Through SMS:
Just BLOCK XXXX (XXXX are the last four digits of your card) from your registered mobile number and send it to 567676.
Important Banking Articles
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.