H1B Visa is also known for US work visa, and it is a non-immigrant visa which permits the individuals as a temporary worker in the United States of America (USA) for a particular time. Those who are seeking for the employment in US have to apply for the visa (H1B) under the Immigration and Nationality Act. You can apply for the same by filling the H1B Visa Application Form. Our team members have provided the Registration Process – Eligibility, Fees, and other essential details related to the same on this page. You are suggested to check the details and follow the application procedure accordingly.
H1B Visa- Eligibility
- To obtain, you must have work experience of at least 12 years. It must be noted that you can count the same combination of further education and work experience.
- You should have a valid bachelor’s/ graduation degree or its equivalent.
- Applicants must validate that they have the capability and skills to work in a specialty job.
- Applicants intend to visit America for the earning and not to pursue a hobby to give free advice/any humanitarian service.
- The person (employer) has to file a labor condition with the Department of Labor that concerns the rules of its agreement of service with you.
Documents Require To Fill H1B Visa Application Form
For Individuals Who Are Outside The U.S.-
For Individuals Already In The U.S-
H1B Visa Application Form
- You can fill the application form by following the 06 steps given here.
Each individual H1B visa application requires a digital photograph. Digital images are essential for some visa classes, although photos are required for other visa categories. The acceptance of your digital image or photo depends on the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply.
Step 1: Photograph Requirement
You require to have a digital photograph or photo. It may be noted acceptance of digital photographs or photos will be used as per the rules.
- The recent colored photograph with 24 pixels per bit
- The pixels of the photograph must be between 600 to 1200, and it is in square format.
- It must be on JPEG format
- Eye Glasses are not allowed in photograph
- The background should be plain white
- Decent dressing
- No head covering unless for religious purposes
Step 2: Fill The Application Form
- Visit to Dept of State website and fill the H1B visa application (form DS160) via online mode only.
- Once you submit the application form, you will get the confirmation of the same along with a 10-digit barcode.
- Finally, print the copy of the same as it will be required during the visa interview appointment
Step 3: H1B Visa Application Fee
- You can pay the fee via online mode or via offline mode.
- To pay the fee via offline mode, you have to deposit the cash at statedCitiBank or Axis bank branches all over India.
Step 4. Book appointment for visa interview
After paying the fee successfully, you have to book the appointments. It must be noted that 02 appointments will be booked for the H1B visa process. That is one for the five Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) to give Bio metrics information that includes fingerprinting and photograph, and second appointment with the Consulate or Embassy for a personal visa interview.
Step 5. US Visa Fingerprinting at Visa Application Center (VAC)
Now you have to go for the fingerprinting process, and it may be noted that you have to schedule the appointment for the fingerprinting process at least a day or two prior to the interview at the consulate. In the earlier process, the fingerprinting of the applicants will be taken at the time of the interview process only. But now the process has been changed.
Step 6. Lastly, go for the visa interview at designated US consulate
Finally, you have to go to for the interview on the scheduled date and time and must assure to carry the below documents with you.
- The receipt of the filled application form and visa application fee
- Appointment letter for visa.
- And other supporting documents required by the officials.
- The DS-160 visa application confirmation page stamped at the VAC
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.