In India, a large number of people get infected due to coronavirus. The doctors and other corona warriors are serving their best to save the life of people. Now, day by day, cases of coronavirus is increasing rapidly, and the situation is getting serious. Looking at the situation, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has made it mandatory for all the health as well as insurance corporations to launch the new policy, especially for the COVID-19 and the scheme named “Corona Kavach.”
The said policy has been launched as per the rules and regulations stated by the IRDAI. The Corona Kavach Policy is the health insurance policy that covers all the medical expenses as well as hospitalization expenses that arise for the treatment of the Covid-19.
The corona positive person will also get the pre as well as post-hospitalization expenses, which includes home treatment expenses, domiciliary expenses, and AYUSH treatment expenses spend by the insured person for the coronavirus treatment. You can buy the policy online. The features, benefits, premium, and other important details of कोरोना कवच पॉलिसी has been provided on this page, and you are suggested to have a look.
Corona Kavach Policy
Corona Kavach Policy- Features & Benefits
- The policy covers all the expenses such as rent of the room, the cost for nursing, ICU fees, fees of surgeons and doctors, and all other expenses incurred for the treatment of COVID-19 diseases.
- The expenses incurred by the corona affected person prior to and after the hospitalization will also bear by the insurance company.
- The insured person can claim the expenses incurs up to a period of 14 days.
- There is no capping on the rent of the room.
- Ambulance charges also covered under the policy.
- The policy is available for a certain period of time that is for 3 ½ months (105 days), 6 ½ months (195 days), and 9 ½ months (285 days).
- The rules and regulations stated for the Corona Kavach Policy will be valid till 31st March 2021.
Expenses Covered Under Corona Kavach Health Polciy
- Hospitalization Expense- All the expenses incurred in the treatment of COVID-19 up to the 14 days will cover under the policy.
- Ambulance Expense- Ambulance expenses up to Rs 2000/- will also cover under this policy only for the positive corona person.
- Hospital Cash Benefit- The policy also has this attractive feature; the insured person will also get the 0.5% of the sum insured at the time of hospitalization.
- Home Treatment- If the positive corona person who have said policy, he/she is entitled to get the Homecare treatment for the 14 days.
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses- All the expenses of consultation fees, a check-up for the corona will also cover in this insurance plan.
- Post-hospitalisation- After the discharge from the hospital, the insured person will get the expenses benefit up to days.
- AYUSH Treatment- The AYUSH treatment expenses also cover in this policy, which also includes Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, Homeopathy treatment.
- ICU Expense- The expenses of the ICU are higher, but the person insured under the Kavach Health Policy will cover in the plan only.
Process To Buy Corona Kavach Policy
- Go to the official website of the corporation from where you want to buy the said policy.
- Now go to the health insurance policy section.
- After that, look for the Corona Kavach plan.
- Now you will get the details for the same, read every information carefully, and check the list of expenses that are included in the policy and which are not.
- Thereafter you can calculate the premium by providing your age, and other basics details asked there.
- If you find the policy suitable for you, then press the suitable link to buy the plan.
- After that, fill the application form for the plan and provided all the asked details correctly.
- You will ask to upload a copy of the required documents, upload the same.
- At last, make the payment and print a receipt of the same.
Insurance Premium Table- Corona Kavach Policy
|Health Insurers||Members Covered||Sum Insured (in Rs)||Age Criteria ( in year)||Premium (Rs)|
|Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Ltd.||Floater Basis||50,000- 5,00,000||0-65 Year||Rs 350- Rs 2965|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||Adults: 2 Children: Up to 4||50,000- 5,00,000||0-65 Year||Rs 176- Rs 14927|
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.||Minimum 1||50,000- 5,00,000||0-99 Year||Rs 447- Rs 3378|
|United India Insurance Co. Ltd.||Minimum 1||50,000- 5,00,000||0-65 Year||Rs 177- Rs 2856|
|Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.||Minimum 1||50,000- 5,00,000||0-99 Year||Rs 127- Rs 1272|
|Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.||Minimum 1||50,000- 5,00,000||0-65 Year||Rs 225- Rs 2584|
|National Insurance Company Ltd.||Minimum 1||50,000- 5,00,000||0-99 Year||Rs 155- Rs 4780|
|Edelweiss General Insurance||Adults: 2 Children: Up to 3||50,000- 5,00,000||0-65 Year||Rs 459- Rs 7414|