Every person must apply for a birth certificate of his/her child. The child birth must be informed to the authority within twenty-one days of the birth of a child. Now you can easily register the birth of your child via online mode also by going through the website of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. For your easement, we have stated the Birth Certificate Online Process on this page. Whereas, many of the hospitals register the birth of the child itself. Still, if it not done by the hospital authorities, then you can apply it yourself. Scroll down to check easy steps to register a birth certificate.
If you have did not register your childbirth within 15 days, then you don’t need to worry; you can register it after 15 days also, but you have to pay a penalty fee for the same. One of the exclusive facilities provided by the government is that you can apply for the birth certificate without your child’s name, but you have to register the same within the 01 year. Let’s move forward to the core content.
Birth Certificate Online Applying Process
- Open official portal of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India.
- After that, you have to take your cursor towards the user login section and press the “General Public Signup” link.
- Another page will appear, as shown below.
- Thereafter you have to sign up, and for that, you are required to provide all the necessary details like Mobile Number, Name, email address, etc.
- Go through the provided information, and after ensuring the details, press the “register” button visible at the end.
- Now you will get the message on your screen from the officials, the sample of the message has been shown by us in the below image.
Check- Apply For PAN Card Online
- After receiving the message, you have to open your mail address, which you have given at the time of the signup process.
- You will get the main from the officials and press the received link to confirm your account.
- Go to the login section.
- Now provided the “USER ID” and “PASSWORD” after that, you will ask to provide the captcha code enter that and finally press the “Login button.”
- After successful login, you have to press the “Birth” tab visible at the top menu bar of the home page and after that drop-down list will appear from where you have to hit on the “Birth” tab “Add birth registration” link.
- Now the application form for the birth certificate will be opened, fill the form as per the norm and only provide the true details.
- After filling the application form hit the “save” button, the filled application form will be opened, check the details, and if you find any error, then make it correct.
- Finally, press the “Submit” button for the final submission of the filled application form.
- Now the copy of the submitted form will appear note down the reference number for the further process and print out the cop of the application form.
- Lastly, go to the registrar office as per your area and submit the coy of the application form there only.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.