The decreasing sex ratio in the last years triggered women discrimination against the girl child, for the assurance of the safety and empowerment of the female. Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” scheme five years ago on 22 January 2015. The primary aim of launching the scheme is to save the girl child and to provide good education to them. Primary, the said scheme has been launched by investing ₹100 crores. The various issues like gender equality awareness, education for women, safety cells of women, and others will be taken into consideration under this scheme. The scheme is developed and controlled by the Women and Child Development, Human Resource Development, and Health & Family Welfare.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
BBBP Scheme- Objectives
- To minimized/remove the discrimination of gender.
- To protect and to provide safety to the girl child.
- To help the girl child in pursuing her education and make her dream come true.
बेटी बचाओ बेटी पढ़ाओ योजना – Eligibility
- A family with a girl child having an age of less than ten years are eligible to apply.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for this scheme, and NRIs individual will not be permitted to apply for the same.
- The family has to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) bank account of the girl child in any bank.
Targeted Audience For The Scheme
- Primary Groups- The primary group includes the and Lactating mothers; parents, and newly married couples.
- Secondary Groups- This group includes Youth, teenagers (girls as well as boys), in-laws, doctors, hospitals (private), nursing hospitals, and diagnostic centers.
- Tertiary Groups- This group includes religious leaders, voluntary corporations, associations of media and medical, general individuals of India, officials, women SHGs, and frontline workers.
Documents Required To Fill Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Application Form
- Valid Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof such as PAN card, Ration card, Voter ID card, Driving License,etc
- Address Proof – Passport, Driving License, Utility bills like water, telephone, electricity, etc
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Latest Passport size photograph
Procedure To Fill Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Application Form
- Firstly, you have to visit the nearest bank or post office where the scheme is available.
- Now you have to ask for the BBBP application form.
- After that, fill the application form as per the rules.
- Now you have to attach the required documents with the filled application form.
- Finally, submit the form and take the receipt for the same for future reference.
Money Deposit Guidelines Under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojna
- Under the scheme, you have to deposit amount from the birth of a girl child for 14 years.
- You can withdraw the deposited amount for the education of a girl child after 18 years.
- After the successful completion of 21 years, this scheme will automatically be stop and the entire amount given to the beneficiary.
On depositing 1000 in the bank every month
If you deposit Rs. 1000/- per month, that is Rs. 12000/- per month for 14 years that means you will deposit Rs. 1,68,000 in 14 years. And at the time of maturity, you will get Rs. 6,07,128.
On depositing Rs 1.5 lakh per year
If you deposit Rs. 1,05,000/- per month for 14 years that means you will deposit Rs. 21,00,000 in 14 years. And at the time of maturity, you will get Rs. 72,00,000. It may be noted that you can withdraw 50% money for the girl’s education and marriage, only when the girl turns 18 years.