Pan Card is the mandatory documents for the taxpayer in India. It also serves as Identity proof. The application procedure for the Pan card becomes very easy. You can now apply for the PAN card online also. To apply for the new PAN card, you have to fill the application form. Indian citizens require to fill form 49A whereas, Foreign Citizens have to fill form 49AA. You can now simply apply for the PAN card within a few minutes by visiting the official website either of National Securities Depositary Limited (NSDL) OR UTI Infrastructure and Services Limited (UTIISL). The complete process, along with all the essential details, has been provided below.
Procedure To For Pan Card Online
You can apply for the PAN card from-
- NSDL Website
- UTIITSL Website
Apply pan card online – NSDL India
- Open the official portal of the National Securities Depository Limited
- Now you will get the page from where you have to select the “Application Type” and select the new PAN 49A (Indian Citizens) or 49AA (Foreign Citizens).
- After that select the category that is
- Association of Persons
- Artificial Judicial Person
- Body of Individuals
- Local Authority
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Hindu Undivided Family
- After selecting the appropriate category, you have to fill the application form by providing all the required details that are
- First name
- Middle Name
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth / Incorporation / Formation (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Email ID.
- Hit “Submit” button.
- Now you will receive the token number and acknowledgment.
- Thereafter you are required to hit the ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’ link.
- Now you will require to provide the additional details.
- After filing the details, you have to choose the appropriate mode to submit documents-
- Forward application documents physically
- Submit digitally through digital signature
- Submit digitally through e-sign.
- After that, provide the documents for the identity, address, and date of birth proof.
- After completing the above procedure, press the “Proceed” button.
- Now you have to choose the payment mode that is Demand Draft and Online Payment through Bill Desk.
- Choose the appropriate method for the payment as per your suitability. It may be noted that if you are selecting Demand Draft method them, you are required to mention the DD number, date of issue, amount, and the name of the bank from it is generated.
- If you are choosing online, you can pay either by Net Banking and Debit or Credit Cards.
- After completing all the procedures, you have to tick the ‘I agree to terms of service’ block and proceed to pay.
- Your acknowledgment receipt will be appear save it safely.
- Now you have to attach the 02-passport size photograph with the acknowledgment receipt.
- Finally, send the acknowledgment receipt to NSDL will all the required documents.
- At last, your application will be processed after it received by the NSDL.
Apply pan card online – UTIITSL India
- Firstly, open official portal of the UTIITSL.
- Now you have to chose a suitable option as shown below.
- Now the application form will appear now you are required to follow the same methods as shown in the case of NSDL website.
- After filling the said details, you have to send the form and documents to the nearest UTIITSL office.
CA Shivam Channa is a trusted financial writer with deep knowledge of financial systems. He has over 10 years of experience in writing His articles are always well researched and provide great insights into the topic at hand.